June 28, 2012

Writings from Pacifica


Over the past three weeks, I have been traveling throughout Los Angeles meeting with various artists and interviewing them. I also had the chance to look at the Women's Building archives at Otis College of Art and Design and work in Suzanne Lacy's archives. Not to mention, I got to spend time exploring the vibrant art scene that LA has to offer. Last week, on Saturday, I went to LACMA for the first time and got to see a wonderful exhibit of Sharon Lockhart and a very interesting piece called Metropolis II. That same weekend, I went to Molaa, Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach. There was a panel discussion on their recent exhibition entitled "Play with Me." It was a fascinating conversation about participation and interactive art.

On Tuesday, my mother and I drove up the coast together, stopping in Morro Bay for the evening. The next day, yesterday, we drove the rest of the way (to Pacifica) with a little hiking excursion in a beautiful state park. For the next week, I will be in and out of San Francisco consolidating my research and taking a bit of a break from everything else.  


Stuff I'll be writing up soon: My interviews with Andrea Bowers, Judy Baca, and Suzanne Lacy 

No comments:

Post a Comment