July 30, 2012

Disclaimer

I am not an art historian, I am not a journalist, I do not focus primarily on facts, I write opinions. In an investigation to find my own way of working, I have tangled myself up with these other roles. I want to offer visibility of previous generations for the benefit of my generation.  I want to educate but I need education myself. I need female mentors who I can look up to and learn from. Now I have to ask myself, to what extent am I a researcher and to what extent am I an artist?

As I said in an earlier post, I must find a way to tie together academic and creative pursuits. 

2 comments:

  1. An important person, young women should know about: Lillian Hellman


    http://www.npr.org/2012/04/26/150727939/lillian-hellman-a-difficult-vilified-woman

    ReplyDelete